Form N9 – Response Pack
Form N9 – Response pack
- Form N9 – Acknowledgment of service / Response pack.
- Form N9A – Admission (specified amount).
- Form N9B – Defence / counterclaim (specified amount).
- Form N9C – Admission (unspecified amount and non-money claims)
- Form N9D – Defence/counterclaim (unspecified amount and non-money claims)
You will need to start your claim before its limitation period runs out. limitation periods differ depending on the cause of action. they are set out in statute.
• for breach of contract claims the time limit is six years from the date of breach. for breach of a deed (a document that is similar to a contract but signed in a special way with witnesses) the time limit is usually 12 years.
• there is a standard three-year time limit for cases involving personal injury claims. the limit applies from the date of the accident or from date of knowledge that you have been injured, whichever is the latest.
• in cases of professional negligence the time limit is generally six years from the date of the negligent act.
The best way to be sure you are within the time limit is to check with a legal adviser.
- CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES AND THEIR RELATED PRACTICE DIRECTIONS 65TH UPDATE COMING INTO FORCE 31ST JULY 2013
- A Guide to Bringing And Defending A Small Claim